Brave, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Seeking a friend for the End of The World were three of the most anticipated movies opening this weekend. The power of Disney & Pixar propelled Brave to the top of the box office this weekend while Abraham Lincoln had to settle for third place and Seeking a Friend for the end of the World rounded out the top 10.
- Brave, $66.8 million, first weekend
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, $20.2 million; $157.6 million, third week
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, $16.5 million, first weekend
- Prometheus, $10 million; $108.5 million, third week
- Rock of Ages, $8 million; $28.8 million, second week
- Snow White and the Huntsman, $8 million; $137.1 million, fourth week
- That’s My Boy, $7.9 million; $28.2 million, second week
- The Avengers, $7 million; $598.3 million, eighth week
- Men in Black 3, $5.6 million; $163.3 million; fifth week
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, $3.8 million, first weekend
What was your movie of choice this weekend? Were you on team Brave? Or perhaps team Abe? Let us know in the comments!