It's no secret many brands are already on Pinterest. There have never been any differences between regular users and business pages on Pinterest....until now. Various sources are now reporting that Pinterest is introducing Business Pages!
The new business pages won't be that different from the normal user pages. They will allow businesses to verify their accounts, as well as forgo the requirement to enter a first and last name. New accounts will be able to sign up for the business accounts and existing businesses will be able to convert their existing accounts.
Looking to convert your account to a business account? It's easy!
- Head over to http://business.pinterest.com/
- Click "Convert Your Existing Account"
- Choose a Business Type from the drop down list
- Enter a contact person's name
- Ensure your public information is correct
- Read the Terms & Conditions. Check the accept terms check box, only if you accept the terms of course!
- Hit the convert account button
Congrats! You are now a business page on Pinterest! Pinterest provides you with a few tools to help you.
Your account will look the same as it did before, both to yourself and to your followers. Business accounts currently don't have any visible differences than any other user.
Have you converted your account yet? Let us know how it went and what you think of Pinterest's new move in the comments! While you are on Pinterest, follow LOLSMG!