Pinterest can be a great resource to expand your brand's reach. Check out our 5 tips to get the most out of Pinterest!
1. Use alt tags on your images. Not only are alt tags great for seo, and accessibility in general, but did you know that when a user pins to Pinterest it uses the alt tags as the default description? Use this to your advantage and ensure you have the keywords you want in your image.
2. Use long trail keywords. Customize your search appearance in Pinterest to those looking specifically for what you have to offer. A user searing for "wedding dress" will get tons of results that may not be what they are looking for, "empire waist sweet heart neckline bridal gown" will give better results to the potential customers looking for your pin.
3. Use Pin it Buttons! This is the most important tip, if you do nothing else be sure to have "Pin it" buttons on your site. Pinterest provides them directly, and many free plugins for Wordpress will add them automatically to your site. Make it as easy as possible for people to share your content.
4. Use hashtags. Like Twitter, Pinterest supports hashtags. As you know hashtags are great for expanding your reach and letting people find related content. You can also use them as part of promotions or contests to organize entries.
5. Track your stats! As with any social media campaign it's important to track what you are doing. Are your pins successful? If not what could you change to fix that? But not analyzing the data leaves you working blind and missing an opportunity to expand your reach, engagement, and success.
Do you use Pinterest for your brand? What tips would you add? Let us know in the comments!