If you are on social media you probably use hashtags throughout the day. If you are a social media marketer you probably know that hashtags can help you spread your message. Do you know the numbers behind hashtags? Check out these informative stats from a recent survey on hashtags by RadiumOne about just how useful hashtags are for marketing.
- 3 in 5 people use hashtags on social media networks.
- 70% of hashtag users use them when sharing from their mobile devices.
- 30% of people use hashtags to search for brands and items.
- More than 50% of people would use a hashtag that was part of a marketing campaign if they recieved some benefit from doing so.
- 41% of people would click on a hashtag to learn more about a brand.
- 25% would re-post a hashtag with personally relevant content.
What's this mean for marketers? Hashtags can help your brand reach more people when used properly. They can also help gain more followers, re-posts, and drive engagement. With Facebook soon to join #clubhashtag it will mean all the major social media sites support hashtags. This will allow marketers to run hashtag campaigns across sites as part of a holistic marketing strategy.
Do you use hashtags in your marketing strategy? Do you create new hashtags for new campaigns? Has your experience been similar to the results in the the RadiumOne survey?Tell us about it in the comments.