Notice the large header, some have said Facebook Timeline like Image that is now at the top of a Twitter profile. To get the most out of your new header image, check out these tips then unleash your creativity!
- Image Size is important! The max image size is 1252×626px however, less than 640px wide can look pixelated.
- There WILL be text over your image! So make sure your background image doesn't interfere with your text, and vice versa.
- Your profile will be viewed by different devices! This can change how it will look. The screen size of a smartphone, doesn't match that of the iPad or the desktop environment.
- Don't pretend to be Verified! Remember, it's against Twitter's TOS to use the Verified symbol if you haven't been verified by Twitter! That includes putting it in your Twitter header image.
- Be creative! The new header image is new space to reinforce your brand don't let it go to waste!
With those tips in mind, here's how to actually go about updating your Twitter header image.
- Go to Edit Profile > Header
- You are now given the option to take a picture or upload one.
- Resize and crop your picture & save
- That's it! You are doe! Enjoy your new header image!
Now show us those Twitter headers! We want to see how creative you have gotten! Let us know in the comments!