Curated Social Media Wisdom from Top Enterprise Experts
No matter if you are just starting out with your social media marketing or fine tuning your existing plan you can always learn something from the experts. ReferralCandy has gathered tips from some of the top social media experts to guide your social media marketing in the right direction.
Being successful on social media has 9 steps:
- Know Thyself - Understand your brand inside and out, additionally understand what you want to get out of social media and what your goals are.
- Know Thy Audience - Understand who your audience is and what matters to them and why they share.
- Talk to Them - Talk to your audience, but don't forget to listen! Have genuine conversations with everyone.
- Get the Right Things Right - Understand what metrics are important and what ones are not. Developing a strong organic presence first, then supplement with paid.
- Be Useful - Help people, don't just talk about yourself, your brand and your products! Help your audience with their problems or concerns. Give your audience the content they are looking for.
- Create Content - In addition to sharing others' content create your own! Appeal to your audience with compelling stories. Great content will lead to engagement.
- Go with Your Gut, Try New Things - There's no magic bullet in social media. Sometimes you have to trust your instincts and go with them.
- Text, Iterate, Evolve - Test the new things you try, and learn from your failures. What you learn from your failings will help you improve them for the future.
- At The End of the Day, It's All About the People - No matter what, social media is all about the people on it, and the interactions you have with them. Never forget there's a real person on the other end of that user account!
Two of the biggest takeaways from the social media pro's are this:
"Keep things simple. You can't be all things to all people, but you can have a real impact where it matters if you stay true to your brand." - Paul Haskell
Don't try to overreach. Your brand is who you are. A wide focus will only dilute your efforts. A narrower, smaller focus that builds a network of truly passionate followers who care about your brand will be far more valuable to your efforts than many fans who are disinterested in what you have to say.
"Celebrate your fans through social media - their passion, loyalty and insights are what keep you running!" - Jessica Gioglio
It's too easy to get caught up in the day to day grind of metrics and business goals. However, your fans are the reason you are on social media in the first place. Don't forget them or take them for granted.
Do you have any favorite bits of advice from social media pros? Share them with us in the comments!