Are you ready for the “After Party”?
Caroline Sunshine’s new song with co-star Roshon Fegan hits the airwaves tomorrow on the official Radio Disney Planet Premiere of the new Shake It Up soundtrack, Shake It Up: I <3 Dance!
“Walt Disney Records’ Shake It Up: I <3 Dance soundtrack, is a new collection of blazing dance tracks featured in the third season of the hit show Shake It Up. With performances by Bella Thorne, Zendaya, Caroline Sunshine, Roshon Fegan, Selena Gomez, and Bridgit Mendler, as well as up-and-coming stars Coco Jones, McClain Sisters and more, the full soundtrack receives its Radio Disney Planet Premiere on Feb. 23, and then arrives at stores and digital retailers nationwide March 5th.
Songs featured on the album are:
1. “Contagious Love” by Zendaya and Bella Thorne is an upbeat rap anthem with a heavy-hitting bass-and-drum foundation. Its sweet harmonies and catch chorus echo the song’s universal message about living life to the fullest.
2. “This Is My Dance Floor,” also from Bella Thorne and Zendaya, is an intense, synth-driven track about showing everyone whose boss when it comes to owning the floor.
3. “Beat of My Drum” by Zendaya is a smoldering track with a pan-African vibe and a fierce beat.
4. “Blow the System,” with its classic disco beat backed by Bella Thorne’s vocals, compares a marathon dance party with rolling the dice on love.
5. “After Party” by “Shake It Up” co-stars Roshon Fegan and Caroline Sunshine, features a gritty shuffle sound, crazy hard beats in a tale of a party that lasts all night long.
6. “Holla at the DJ (The DJ Mike D Remix),” a track from the upcoming EP by Hollywood Records artist Coco Jones, is a hip-hop leavened musical conversation between a dancer and her accommodating DJ.
7. “These Boots Are Made for Walkin’” is astunning remake of the 1966 Nancy Sinatra classic, here updated for the smartphone era, performed by the star of the Disney XD series “Kickin’ It,” Olivia Holt.
8. “Sharp as a Razor” by Hollywood Records’ artists McClain Sisters is a sophisticated R&B-flavored dance track that offers a twist on that special relationship between dancer and DJ when both are in synch.
9. “Future Sounds Like Us” by rising star Dove Cameron is a bright and boisterous tribute to Dance Nation.
10. “I Can Do Better” by Y.LA borrows a page from Irving Berlin in this up-tempo track about the ultimate dance contest.
11. Superstar Selena Gomez’s popular “Shake It Up” theme song gets an update from 16-year old producer/DJ Cole Plante’s shuffle-infused Reboot remix.
Bonus: “We’re Dancing (Alex Ghenea 3.0 Remix)” by Hollywood Records artist Bridgit Mendler.”
Credit: Walt Disney Records
The album is currently available for pre-order at Amazon and iTunes, and will be available at all stores and digital music retailers nationwide on March 5, 2013!
Don’t forget to tune in to Radio Disney tomorrow, February 23rd, to get your first listen to the whole Shake It Up: I <3 Dance album!