It's that time of year again, yes, the Shorty Awards are coming! 2014 marks the 6th annual Shorty Awards. The Shorty Awards recognize the best in social media. From activism to art & design to best selfie the Shorty Awards are bigger than ever!
New Categories this year include:
- GIF of the Year
- Instagram Video of the Year
- Kickstarter of the Year
- Newsworthy Photo of the Year
- Tumblr of the Year
- Amazon Review of the Year
- Meme of the Year
- Selfie of the Year
- Vine of the Year
Nominations are now open! If you know a great social media account or piece of content now is the time to nominate them! It's easy to nominate a Shorty Nominee. There are two methods:
- Via the Shorty Awards Website. Just fill out the simple form and you are done!
- On Twitter. Tweet your nominee and the category specific hashtag along with a reason (don't forget to add your "because" or it won't count!).
Winners will be chosen by The Academy of Short-Form Arts & Sciences. The reveal ceremony will be held on April 7th, 2014 at the TheTimesCenter at the New York Times building in New York City.
To stay up to date on the latest Shorty news follow @shortyawards on Twitter.